Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraTabPageControl Invalidate does not result in a Paint when it contains a fully docked control ?
posted

Hi,

I've discovered that when I have a control which is fully docked on a UltraTabPageControl, if that control issues a parent.Invalidate, the UltraTabPageControl never gets a paint event.

When the control is not fully docked, it does get the event.  I have tested this with the standard Windows tab control (and thus tab page) and it also does get the event.

I've posted a simple sample demonstrating the problem below.

Is this a bug, or by design ?  Either way, is there a work-around ?  I need to be able to paint a border around a fully docked control which is on a UltraTabPageControl.

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        UltraButton1.Dock = DockStyle.Fill
    End Sub

Private Sub Control_MouseDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles UltraButton1.MouseDown
        sender.parent.Invalidate()
    End Sub

Private Sub Control_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles UltraTabPageControl1.Paint
        Dim gr As System.Drawing.Graphics = e.Graphics
        Dim myPen As System.Drawing.Pen
        myPen = New System.Drawing.Pen(Color.Red, 2)
        gr.DrawRectangle(myPen, UltraButton1.Left, UltraButton1.Top, UltraButton1.Width, UltraButton1.Height)
    End Sub

End Class