Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid udpated
posted

I have an U;traGrid bound to a WinDataSource which contains configuration data for a report.  I hope to store the config for each report in a different band and this should allow me flexibility to store different structured data for each report. 

When the form is closed, the data is stored using SaveToXML and stores the XML in SQL Server (in an XML field - just for fun).  All seems to be working fine so far on the fist report.

My question:  Currently, I unconditionally call my save procedure, when the form closes. Is there a built in flag for me to discern that either the grid or datasource have been modified since they were loaded or do I need to create my create my own (which I would do using AfterRowUpdated) ?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

No, neither the grid nor the UltraDataSource tracks changes to the data.

You could track this pretty easily using a flag, though. Assuming that you are not modifying the data in code, all you would have to do is trap a couple of events of the grid like AfterRowUpdate and AfterRowsDeleted.

Children
No Data