Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Replace Arrow on UltraCombo V9.2
posted

Is there a way to replace the arrow image on the UltraCombo in V9.2?  We were doing it in V6.1.  The graphic below shows what we get now.

It appears that the control is making space for the image on the left when it is being applied to the right.

I have been trying to find out why this was designed this way originally, but without success.

Here is the code that assigns the Image to the control:

this.ImageList = this.imageList1;
this.ButtonAppearance.Image = this.imageList1.Images[0];
this.ButtonAppearance.BorderColor = Color.White;
this.ButtonAppearance.ImageBackground = this.imageList1.Images[0];
this.ButtonAppearance.ImageBackgroundStyle = ImageBackgroundStyle.Centered;

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm a bit confused by your question. You seem to be talking about two different things.

If the arrow image is not changing, then my guess is that it's because of Themes. Windows Theming support was probably added in between the versions you are referring to here. Theming will override the backcolor and other appearance properties on the button. So try setting the ButtonAppearance.ThemedElementAlpha to Transparent and see if that helps.

Regarding the space before the text, that has nothing to do with the button or it's image. The space is there so that it can show the image from the selected item. Are you saying that if you don't specify an image on the ButtonAppearance, that you do not get that space? I would be very surprised if that's the case, as one thing has nothing to do with the other.

If you want to turn off that space, you can use the EditAreaDisplayStyle property. Just set it to DisplayText.

Children
No Data