Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ValueList with FilterContitions shows wrong cell text
posted

I have an UltraWinGrid with a filter row at the top. Some string colums have a dropdown with filters. 

On BeforeRowFilterDropDown I have the following code:

if (typeof(string) == e.Column.DataType){
  FilterCondition condition = new FilterCondition(e.Column, FilterComparisionOperator.Match, "^[A-Za-z]");

e.ValueList.ValueListItems.Insert(0, condition, "All");                
}

This works fine. The problem is what happens when I select the 'All' filter, and take the focus away from the filter cell after that. The cell text changes from 'All' to the FilterCondition.CompareValue, in this case ^[A-Za-z]. I've found out that this is the ToString from FilterCondition. But how does the cell display text get overwritten in the first place? And what can I do to avoid it? I've tried to inherit FilterCondition and override the ToString, but no luck. 

I've also found an internal string displayTextOverride; in ColumnFilter that makes me wonder a bit about what's going on.

Regards,
Trond

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Trond,

I just tested this out with the code you have here and it works fine for me. The cell displays "All" when I pick that item from the list.

So there must be some other factor at work here. Maybe some property you are setting on the column is causing this behavior. Or, maybe this was a bug and you are using an old version of the controls.

Do you have the latest service release?

How to get the latest service release - Infragistics Community

Children
No Data