Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I modify the column names when binding a collection of DTO's to UltraGrid?
posted

I have a collection of objects of a data transfer object class which I put data into. When I bind this collection to an UltraGrid, it works as expected and makes the property names of the class the column names. I would now like to alter the column names to be a little more user friendly.

public class AllocationDTO
    {
        public int DeliveryID { get; set; }
        public string Ctpy { get; set; }
        public int NominationRank { get; set; }
        public double BAV { get; set; }
        public double AllocationQuantity { get; set; }
    }

As an example I would like the "DeliveryID" column to be "Delivery ID". What should I do to make this work?

In my InitializeLayout of the grid I've tried an equivalent of the following:

e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["DeliveryID"].Header.Caption = "Delivery ID";

This works but it leaves me using a literal string, which coincides with my property name. I think I would like to use an attribute in the DTO, if one works, unless there is something even simpler I can do in the InitializeLayout. What are my options really?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

The grid doesn't pick up any attributes automatically. But you could, of course, add whatever attribute you like to each property, even a custom attribute if you want, and then get that attribute in code and set the Caption on the column.

Children
No Data