I had a customer request that the Active Tab title be bolded. I changed the ActiveTabAppearnce.FiontData.Bold property to True.
This accomplished what the customer wanted but now when a tab is active the last character of text his chopped off and 'hidden' behind the close button that appears for each tab.
So tab with John Doe becomes John Do, or Job: 123456789 becomes 12345678.
Is there a way around this that would allow the tab to be bolded when active and not cut off any text?
If you make sure the TabSizing property of the TabGroupSettings of the UltraTabbedMdiManager is set to AutoSize, then the text shouldn't be cut off. Let me know if you have any othe questions.
Hi Dave, thanks for the response. However, my TabSizing was already set to AutoSize. I played around with it some more, even moving the the close X to the header bar instead of attached to each tab but the issue remains:
When the tab active appearance is set to Font = Bold, the last character of the chopped of when the tab becomes active.
After trying your program and seeing it work, comparing my program and questioning my sanity I think I found it issue.
Form Font Size.
The font size for my main form is set to 10 (or 9.75 as it shows in the property box). When I changed the font size of the main form in your program to 10, the issue shows up.
I uploaded the changed version.
I will be submitting a development issue about this issue. However, in the meantime, if you set the ViewStyle of the UltraTabbedMdiManager to VisualStudio2005, the issue does not appear.
After discussing this issue with some of my colleages, I've discovered that this issue is due to the way GDI+ renders text. If you set your UltraTabbedMdiManager control's TextRenderingMode property to GDI instead of Default or GDIPlus, you'll see that the issue disappears.
Worked like a charm. Thank you.
Is there any documentation or recommendations of using GDI vs GDI Plus that you (Infragistics) would recommend or is this simply a situation where a little tweaking was needed.
This was just a situation where a little tweaking was needed.