Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Wingrid Layouts; Creating new layouts from existing
posted

I have an application where the user has the ability to save multiple layouts. By default I save a single default layout in the DB. The first time the user logs in, the default layout is used.  However this causes a delay in loading.

Each grid in my application has what we call a RepNumber. The filterrow contains the column for repname, which is tied to the repnumber.  What I would like to do is create a layout for each user when I save the default layout for the first time. 

How can I take an existing layout and create a default that is catered to each specific user? Also, when ever a new user is added to the system, I would need to create the default layout records for that user.

My initial thoughts where to have the db triggers perform these function, but I dont know how to add filters to an existing layout.

By the way I am serializing the layouts with XML...

Thanks