Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
wingrid - multiple header
posted

HI,

I have a pre existing application using wingridutil. I am a beginner with infragistics.

The wingrid displays:

City    Population

london  23,000...

NY             240000..

Chicago   34000...

WIth the Country "NAME" being the display member of cmbcountry. and country "ID" being the value member.

the stored procedure returns CountryId and CountryNAme to a list collection.

I like to combine the Country name and Country Id in one title so that it shows:

When I remove this cmbCountry.DisplayMember = "NAME" then it shows the countryID by default.But I like to show both "NAme" and "ID" combined.

How can this be done?

I read that it should be done through the initialise layout and initialize row but have no idea about how to get that done....

Thanks in advance

Offline posted

Hello,

I will be happy to assist you with this matter.

I am not 100% sure how you are implementing your existing application. If possible, please attach a sample that shows how you implemented your existing application and I will be able to better understand this issue.

Are you using a Data Source to show you data?

Please reference the following to help you with this issue:
    Try and use the InitializeLayout event to reference an unbound column within your UltraGrid. Also, use the InitializeRow event to set the value of the cell in the new column. Furthermore, you can use the string.format to format the cell’s value that is being displayed.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
    Jose
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Offline posted

It's difficult to tell how your grid is set up. It looks like you may be using OutlookGroupBy or RowLayouts here. And you are clearly using an UltraCombo or UltraDropDown in the grid.

Could you post a screen shot of your grid here? That would tell us more about what you are actually trying to change. To post a screen shot, just click Reply and then go to the options tab and you can attach a file. If you attach an image file, like a jpg, it will display as an image in your reply..