Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo binding to Value and using Syncwithcurrencymanager
posted

Okay, I have an odd problem.  I have a ultracombo on a form that displays a list of companies.  Other fields on the form display the detail information of the company selected.  I accomplish this by setting syncwithcurrencymanager to true on the ultracombo.  I need to store the selected company id in another table, so the value of the combo is bound to the field in this table.

What I expected to happen was that when the form loads it should display whichever company was previously saved.  Instead, the combo (and its underlying data value) get reset to the first item in the list table each time the form loads.  I would think that the value of the ultracombo would set the current position in the currency manager as this is the behavior that a standard combo box behaves, but for some reason this is not the case.

Is there a way around this?

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm having a hard time understanding the issue. There are so many factors here that I'm not even sure where to start in terms of asking questions about it. :)

It sounds like you are saying that you are setting the Value of the combo when the form loads, but that this is not repositioning the data source to that row so your other fields are not updating. But if that's the case, there could be any number of reasons for it such as the order in which you are binding the controls and how you are setting the Value (presumably you are not setting it, but just binding it).

Can you post a small sample project demonstrating what you are doing so I can check it out?