Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Extending Shortcut Keys
posted

Is there a way to extend the list of shortcut key mnemonics?  Currently, I can select a shortcut for each tool from a constant list of shortcut key combinations using the UltraToolbarsManager.  However, I want to extend this so that my shortcut keys can group tools that are in a similar family. 

An example of what I am trying to accomplish can be seen in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.  If you click on the View menu, the popup menu shows a group of commands for window operations (e.g. Error List, Output, Properties Window, Task List, Toolbar...).  Each of these tools has a mnemonic that begins with Ctrl+W, and is post-fixed with another key that pertains to a given window type (Error List = Ctrl+W, E, Output = Ctrl+W, C, etc). 

Is there any way to extend the list of shortcut key options, or am I limited to the list of key constants given in the shortcut enumeration?

Thanks in advance for any help!

********* New comments as of 3/26/08 *************

I have half of the answer to my question.  I think that I could write a new command that is associated to the Ctrl+W key combination.  When this command is invoked, I can then listen for the next key input and then launch the appropriate command that matches that key.  This would work, but I would need to override the shortcut key text in the popupmenu.  Is there anyway to do this?  What I mean is, can I specify the right-aligned text (e.g. Ctrl+W, C)?