Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using the UltraCombo whose list values are dependent on another cell
posted

I need the ablility to select multiple values for a cell where these values are dependent on the value of another cell in the same row. I can get the multiple values to work via the UltraCombo and a similar approach as suggedted in article "Creating a dropdown list in a grid cell whose list values are dependent on another cell" (http://news.infragistics.com/winforms/codesamples/creating-a-dropdown-list-in-a-grid-cell-whose-list-values-are-dependent-on-another-cell.aspx).

The only problem is that when the row is deactivated I lose the display of the multiselected values (the cell appears empty) but when the cell is activated the values are re-displayed.

The UltraCombo is bound to a UltraDataSource and all possible values of the cell are loaded. I listen for the BeforeCellActivate event for that cell and apply a filter to the UltraCombo to only show the rows that match the value of the "other" cell (see above referenced article). The CheckStateMember is an unbound column in the UltraComboEditor (not defined in the UltraDataSource).

Is there a different approach to this problem or can you suggest what I am doing wrong?

Thanks...

P.S., using 2011.1