Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to create summary of the rows when columns are grouped at runtime
posted

Respected Sir

I am using ultragrid view to show the data in front end from a database.what i want is when i group the rows by dragging it on group box above my custom summary should change for the grouped rows

like say i have a column "cash", so when i use summary, by default it shows the total cash at the bottom and when i group it by "date entry", summary is calculated per group, which is absolutely fine.I want the same thing to be done with my custom summary.i am implementing the custom summary, so as if there are multiple values in the cells of a column the summary should show "multiple" else the value of the cell so when i group it acc to dates or any column header the sum are calculted for the cells of cash in that group but even  if there is single entry in that group it shows multiple

Plz help with a sample code so that i can see where i am going wrong!!

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm afraid I do not understand your question. What exactly do you mean by "custom summary?" Are you creating your own ICustomSummaryCalculator? If so, then you do not have to do anything. The ICustomSummaryCalculator implementation will be called for each group of rows and generate a summary for each group of rows. There is no difference between how the ICustomSummaryCalculator works and how the built-in grid summaries work.

Reply Children
No Data