We would like to create our column chooser.
And we would like to make drag and drop column from/to our column chooser to grid. - Like it was implemented in Infra column chooser.
How can we make the same drag and drop column?
Maybe we should release some interface?
Drag and Drop are standard for all Windows Forms controls. There is nothing about this that is specific to the Infragistics controls.
You simply use the events, properties, and methods on the Control class.
Just wanted to know whether do we have any provision of customising the Column Chooser in Ultra Grid.
1) Giving Search option in the Column chooser when number of columns are more aloong with our own search algorithm.
2) Selecting Column in the Column chooser should take directly to the position of the column in the grid so that user does not have to scroll and find in case of number of column are more.
1) There's no support for this in the current ColumnChooser. I recommend that you Submit a Feature Request. Maybe this can be added in a future release.
2) There's no built-in support for this, either. But it would be pretty easy to implement. When the user changes the visibility of a column, the Before/AfterColPosChanged event will fire. So you could trap AfterColPosChanged for when a column becomes visible and then use grid.ActiveColScrollRegion.ScrollColumnIntoView to scroll that column into view.
Can we customize windows ultrgrid column chooser for the below feature.
- Add a additional column in the column chooser that shows the definition for each column in the grid?
What do you mean by "definition?"
There's no built-in way to add a column to the column chooser. But it might be possible with some creative coding. The ColumnChooser is actually a WinGrid and you can access the grid control on the dialog, so yo might be able to get this working. It would require a lot of tricky coding, though, to get the grid and add a column to it and then populate that column.
By Definition, i meant adding a description column in teh column chooser that shows description or each column.
Okay, that's what I thought. I can't see any way to do this currently. You should Submit a Feature Request.