Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Calling DockableControlPane Close() then calling SaveAsXML resets to defaults
posted

In my MDI application I have several dockable windows, one of which I need to programmatically control visibility as it is not always applicable based on what file the user opens.  In addition, if the user did have the window open, I wish to keep it open upon successive launches/file opens.  In order to do this, before the SaveAsXML call is executed I try to call the DockableControlPane Close() method on that panel before saving the current layout to file and on launch, if applicable based on a separate registry setting, I Show the panel.  When I call the Close() method, regardless of insertion of waits between the Close() call and the SaveAsXML call, any changes to the layout of the panels (sizes, docked or floating) are lost.  If I comment out the Close() call, any layout changes persist.  Any clues on why this is happening or is there a better mechanism to set the DockableControlPane to not automatically appear?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Jeff,

I try to reproduce your scenario in a small sample, but without success. Could you please tell us what is your component version and do you have any installed service release and which one. If you are able please send us small sample that reproduce your issue. I`ll be glad to research this issue for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Children
No Data