Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dynamically loading children in MFC UltraGrid
posted
Hi all,
I have been working on a project that’s built using MFC UltraGrid 2.0.1.7 (NetAdvantage 2004 Volume 3). In this project I am trying to dynamically load child objects by expanding the parent objects in the ultragrid. However I cannot accomplish this by setting the FetchRows property to ssFetchRowsOnDemandDiscard (value 2) as decribed on page 126 of the UltraGrid Users’s Manual. The manual describes this property as:
Rows will be loaded as they are needed for display. When a row is no longer displayed it will be discarded.
This is exactly what I am trying to achieve in order to reduce pc & database load. It is not possible however to access this property in my project.
Infragistics tech support could not help me - the product is (obviously) obsolete and code samples are not available anymore. We're looking at upgrading to .NET in the future, but there are some performance issues that need to be resolved a lot sooner. 
Has anyone ever tried to implement this functionality using MFC components? What were the steps you had to take to get it to work?
Another solution would be to use a more modern .NET grid control in the existing MFC codebase. Any ideas on this one regarding feasibility?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello, ­­­­­

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know If you need my further assistance on this  issue?

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.

Children
No Data