Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AutoFillTime not working on EditorComponents
posted

The UltraDateTimeEditor control has a property called 'AutoFillTime'. When this property is set to 'CurrentTime' the time section in the control is automatically filled in should a user enter a date but not a time in the control and end an edit (i.e., set a format mask to '{date} {time}' in a UltraDateTimeEditor, enter the value 10/10/1950 and tab out of the control and the time will get automatically filled in).

If I use the same control as the EditorComponent for an ultra grid column the same behavior does not happen. If a time is not entered into the cell a DataError is raised.

Is it possible to get the ultragrid to automatically fill in the missing time values?

I've attached a solution that can be used to reproduce the problem.

1) In first drop down enter the values 11/11/1111 and press tab -> the current time gets appened to the value you entered.

2) Click the first cell in the ultra grid, enter the value 11/11/1111 and press tab -> Data Error is raised. Current time is not appended to the entered value.

DateTimeEditorComponent.zip