Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unattended Installation
posted

Hi

I have to deploy NetAdvantage 2006.3 to the workstations of our developers. Our policy regarding software installations is that every installation has to be fully automated to allow a repeatable, dependable setup of the workplace environment.

Deploying NA 6.3 is painful however. Using the provided MSI with a customized transform containing serial number and preferences doesn't work as VS2003 is complaining about that it doesn't find the NA dlls, although they exist on to the harddisk.

I also didn't find any information on the web on how to silently install NA except for the standard MSI method (msiexec /i na.msi /t prefs.mst /qn /le logfile.txt) which doesn't work, most probably because the MSI was created by a Wise Installer, with whom we aleady had problems with in the past.

Does any information exist on how NA 6.3 could be deployed automatically?

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Parents
No Data
    posted

I looked up some information specified for a customer who is working with later versions of NetAdvantage (7.3 and 8.2).  Here is what I found that was useful for his purposes.  Hopefully, this provides some help in your situation (sorry, I don't have the actual syntax of the full command, but I hope this is better than nothing):

Installing NetAdvantage for .NET 7.3 and 8.2, specifying ASP.NET components only:

Pertinent/common arguments and properties include:
    /qn (for silent install with no GUI interruption)
    INSTALL_DIR
    COMPANY_NAME
    USER_NAME
    ALLUSERS
    (Infragistics-specific:INSTALL_SERIALNUM, which specifies the product key)

Regarding installation of OfficeUICapabilities, the default choice in the GUI is "Have not read". The default behavior when providing nothing on the command line is "Do Not Install". The presence of the GAC assembly "Infragistics.Office2007UI.Design.Support.v[n.n]" where n.n is the version number, indicates whether the OfficeUI capabilities have been installed.

For custom installation, for example to install the ASP.NET components only with the full .NET installer, use the property: ADDLOCAL="ASPNET,AppStylistForASPNET,StarterKits"

Children
No Data