Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid, WinDataSource and Binding
posted

Hi,

I have a grid that was bound to a hierarchical entity structure.  All worked well except for the fact that it loaded all the records and took several minutes to display with lots of data (the grid in fact took a lot longer to display the data than it did to grab from the db).  So, looking around at your documentation I decided to use the ultrawindatasource.  

So far so good.  Load times are a fraction using load on demand.  Well, sort of.  In our system:

1. We have a lot of editable fields
  2. Editing a lower band field will update several cells on the bands above

This all worked without me writing any code when using a bindingsource directly on the grid (except for saving in the aftercellupdate handler).  Is there any way (examples would be handy) I can use binding on the ultrawindatasource so that updates/edits are automatically applied to the underlying entities?  If not I will be writing plumbing code for days! (our grids are big)

Regards,

Rich

Parents Reply Children
No Data