Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Persisting Grid State
posted

Anyone know how I can persist all of my existing application's grid states easily?  I'm trying to use SaveAsXml then load the state at the bottom of my grid's Initialize_layout event.  However, finding a good event to save the state is proving to be tricky.  For example, if I try to save the state from the AfterColPosChanged event it works fine. However, when the datasource gets changed (onLoad or anywhere after) it fires Initialize_layout.  Our Initialize_layout events have many grid state default settings already such as setting the VisiblePosition of a column which also causes AfterColPosChanged to fire and overwrites the user's custom state file.  I guess my question is, is there a way to tell if the AfterColPosChanged event was fired by the Initialize_layout event or by the user actually changing the position of a column manually?  Any suggestions or other places to save the grid state would be greatly appreciated!