Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
dUltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.ClientArea.Controls Collection instead.
posted

Hello everyone,

I recently moved from V12.2 to V13.1 and I am getting the following error:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: The Controls collection of the UltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.ClientArea.Controls collection instead.

When I click on the call stack, I find:

at Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraPanel.UltraPanelControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlDesigner.DesignerControlCollection.Add(Control c) 

When I click "view detail", I get:

{"An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: The Controls collection of the UltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.ClientArea.Controls collection instead."}

When I click copy exception detail to the clipboard, I get:

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
HResult=-2146233079
Message=An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: The Controls collection of the UltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.ClientArea.Controls collection instead.
Source=D4 I2C Reader
StackTrace:
at D4_I2C_Reader.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
at D4_I2C_Reader.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Main()
at D4_I2C_Reader.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in C:\Users\JBrookley\Documents\TFS Local\D4 Digital Reader\D4 Digital Reader\D4 I2C Reader\My Project\Application.Designer.vb:line 35
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
at D4_I2C_Reader.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException
HResult=-2146233079
Message=The Controls collection of the UltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.ClientArea.Controls collection instead.
Source=Infragistics4.Win.Misc.v13.1
StackTrace:
at Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraPanel.UltraPanelControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at D4_I2C_Reader.Main.InitializeComponent() in C:\Users\JBrookley\Documents\TFS Local\D4 Digital Reader\D4 Digital Reader\D4 I2C Reader\Main.Designer.vb:line 300
at D4_I2C_Reader.Main..ctor() in C:\Users\JBrookley\Documents\TFS Local\D4 Digital Reader\D4 Digital Reader\D4 I2C Reader\Main.vb:line 9
InnerException:

Honestly, since it will no longer load up correctly (no idea what happened/what I did, it used to work just fine and I don't think anything has changed apart from my Infragistics version), I don't really know what to change or where to start.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm guessing the answer is in the last bit of info I pasted but I'm having trouble reading what it's trying to tell me.  

If you need any additional information, let me know.  Thanks!

Parents Reply Children