Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
PerformAutoSize not working as expected
posted

I have a Hierarchical Datagrid from version 12.1.

I load a collection of class Employee in de Datasource. Each Employee has a property Tasks which is a collection of class Task.The property Tasks however is always initially empty (so the grid is 1 level deep).

In my app the enduser can assign a Task to an Employee. The Task row needs to be shown beneath the Employee row, this all works fine. But I also need to autosize all the columns of all the rows. And I want to size everything so that all the data in the cells are visible to the enduser.

I try to do this in the InitializeLayout eventhandler, as follows:

private void ultraGrid_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e) {

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid grid = (Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid)sender;

grid.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowUpdate = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.False;
            grid.DisplayLayout.Override.CellClickAction = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.CellClickAction.RowSelect;
            grid.DisplayLayout.Override.SelectTypeRow = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SelectType.Single;

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout layout = e.Layout;
            Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridOverride ov = layout.Override;

ov.AllowColSizing = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.AllowColSizing.Free;
            layout.Bands[0].Override.RowSpacingAfter = 2;
            layout.Bands[0].Override.RowSpacingBefore = 3;

foreach (var band in layout.Bands) {
                band.PerformAutoResizeColumns(false, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.PerformAutoSizeType.AllRowsInBand);
                foreach (var col in band.Columns) {
                    col.PerformAutoResize(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.PerformAutoSizeType.AllRowsInBand, true);
                }
            }

}

The PerformAutoResize in the foreach loop is not giving me the result I expected. The added Tasks at level 2 in the grid are not resized at all so it seems. Can you please help me Infragistics? I need your expert advice on this one.

Parents Reply Children
No Data