Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem upgrading Infragistics Version with Version Utility Tools
posted

I'm migrating a website made in ASP.NET that was created with Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2013. When I try to upgrade Infragistics Version 13.1, Version Utility Tools "finds something" that won't let it update the solution. This is the message that I'm getting: 

Unknown error (0x80005000)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName)
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName)
at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.SolutionFile.ModifySolutionEntrySinceItsUsingIIS(String& solutionFileEntry)
at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.SolutionFile.Analyze()

Please let me know if you need any files to determine the solution to the problem. 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Jesus,

Welcome to the community!

What is the version of the product you are trying to update to 13.1? Are you using the VersionUtility shipped with 13.1 or some previous version of the VersionUtility Tool?

If you are migrating prior to NetAdvantage11.2 version to NetAdvantage 13.1, the version utility will not be of help, as the controls set is built on completely different architecture and the code logic should be changed accordingly. In such case simple change in the referenced assemblies will not be sufficient.

Here is a longshot you could try. Please notice, according our official documentation:
    “There are three editions of the utility depending on the interface used – a command line interface, an Add-in interface and a Stand-Alone application.” So I suggest you try starting the VersionUtility as a standalone application from All Programs/Infragistics/NetAdvantage13.1. Make sure Visual Studio is not running and navigate to the desired project/site to update.

Also if the product you are trying to migrate is 11.2 or later, you could change the references manually, instead of using the VersionUtility.

Reference to the official documentation:

http://help.infragistics.com/doc/ASPNET/2014.1/CLR4.0/?page=Web_Using_Version_Upgrade_Utility.html

You could also reference to the following forum thread for details:

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/89510.aspx

Children