Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid changing text in cells for a column using multibinding, has to be twoway
posted

Hi

I have an implementation where XamDataGrid is being used. In the XamDataGrid I have a column where the value (a number) is to be changed to a corresponding text given some states.

First of all I need to have the multibinding as twoway for it to work ? If using oneway for the multibinding then it stops working.

Secondaylly, it works initially, but when editing a row, which changes the state, sometimes the number is shown instead of the text and this happens when the ConvertBack is called. I really have difficulties to implement a convertBack due to the logic, so I would like to have this to work with oneway. Se below code, where the TypeIdToTextConverter is twoway, and doesn't work if set to oneway.

<dP:Field Name="RecordType" FixedLocation="FixedToNearEdge" Width="70">
                                <dP:Field.Settings>

<dP:FieldSettings.EditorStyle>
                                            <Style TargetType="{x:Type igEditors:XamTextEditor}">
                                                <Setter Property="Value">
                                                    <Setter.Value>
                                                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource TypeIdToTextConverter}" >
                                                            <Binding Path="Cells[RecordType].Value" Mode="OneWay"/>
                                                            <Binding Path="Cells[NonVerifiedData].Value" Mode="OneWay"/>
                                                            <Binding Path="Cells[NormalOperation].Value" Mode="OneWay"/>
                                                            <Binding Path="Cells[CompleteRecord].Value" Mode="OneWay"/>
                                                            <Binding RelativeSource="{RelativeSource AncestorType=dP:XamDataGrid}"  Path="DataContext.DowntimeRecordState" Mode="OneWay"/>
                                                        </MultiBinding>
                                                    </Setter.Value>
                                                </Setter>
                                            </Style>
                                        </dP:FieldSettings.EditorStyle>

How can I make this work ?