Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataChart ScatterLineSeries Tooltip in Code behind
posted

Hello,

I create a new DataChart with a dynamic number of Scatter line series in code behind.

Now everything works perfect, but I'm trying to create a tooltip... But this isn't working for me.
I found some examples on the internet, but none of them are working for me. I even found a custom ScatterLineToolTipManager which kinda works, but a simple tooltip should be pretty easy to make I guess :).

Can somebody help me creating a nice tooltip? I'm using 2012.2.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Evert,

Thank you for your post.

I have been looking into this functionality you are looking to achieve, and I would recommend that you set the Tooltip property on your ScatterLineSeries to a new ContentControl that contains the elements that you would like to place in your tooltip. These tooltips will show up on the markers that show up on the ScatterLineSeries, and the elements in them will have access to the data item and the series that they are a part of.

To demonstrate how a tooltip on the ScatterLineSeries can be created in code, I have attached a sample project that creates a tooltip that shows the Series title, the X Value, and the Y Value of each of the points of each of the series in the chart. I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XamDataChartTooltipCodeBehindCase.zip
Children