Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid tooltip on TextTrimming for Fields, CellValuePresenter and SummaryResultPresenter
posted

Hello, I'm trying to show the tooltip of the field, CellValuePresenter and SummaryResultPresenter when the textblock and the simpleTextblock is trimmed.

I'm using this article as a walkthrough for the simpleTextblock (http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/72657/369632.aspx#369632) and this for the Textblock (http://siderite.blogspot.com/2010/10/determining-if-textblock-has-been.html) but with no result. The Field does not show the tooltip at all and the CellValuePresenter shows the tooltip even though it is not trimmed. Any help? I trying my way with converters where using the FormattedText I compare the FormattedText.Width and the textblock/SimpleTextBlock ActualWidth but it does not work. Any help will be very appreciated. I can attach my styles also (FYI the margin is 2,2,2,2).

Thanks,

George

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello George,

Thank you for your post.

While I do not have the styles that you are applying to your grid at the moment, I have created a sample project that I believe will help you on this matter. For the actual cells in the XamDataGrid, the styles in my attached sample project are essentially the same as in the sample project given at the Infragistics forum thread that you have linked, with the slight difference that the IMultiValueConverter-related triggers are placed on the SimpleTextBlock instead of on the editor.

The summary tooltip is a little bit different, though. For this, I would recommend a style for SummaryResultPresenter, but instead of writing your own, I would recommend that you pull in the default SummaryResultPresenter style from the DataPresenterGeneric_Express.xaml default style file commonly found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\<your version here>\WPF\DefaultStyles\DataPresenter. The reason for this is because this default style contains a tooltip on the Border object in the template of the SummaryResultPresenter, which will always be there unless you remove it. I would recommend that you include the style, remove this tooltip, and then place a similar style to the SimpleTextBlock styling in the linked Infragistics forum thread on the TextBlock that exists in the template for this SummaryResultPresenter.

I have attached a sample project to demonstrate the above. I hope this helps you, but this all goes off of the styles that I created based on my understanding of the requirement you are looking to achieve. If the implementation of the concepts brought forth by my sample do not work for you on this matter, would it be possible for you to please include the styles that you are using in your project so that I can replicate them in my sample to product a more accurate solution?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XDGCutOffTooltipsCase.zip