Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Transition Completed Event
posted

Hi

I am trying to find a way of trapping when a transition has been completed.

I have a ColumnSeries that has the IsTransitionInEnabled property set to True and I would like to display the legend only when the transition is finished.

Is there any way of achieving this?

With thanks

Andrew Hunot

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Andrew,

At the moment the XamDataChart does not publically expose an event or method that fires after a transition has been completed. If you would like to see this included in the XamDataChart in a future version, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for it at http://ideas.infragistics.com. This product ideas site places you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize new features based on community and user feedback.

As a workaround to this, I would recommend handling the Loaded event on the XamDataChart. In this event, you can create a DispatcherTimer and handle it's Tick event. If you set the Interval property of this DispatcherTimer to the TransitionInDuration property of your ColumnSeries and then start the timer, it will fire its Tick event approximately at the same time the ColumnSeries finishes it's transition-in animation. From there, you can stop the timer and display your legend.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

Reply Children
No Data