It's to my understanding the field chooser dialog is not responsible for fixing/unfixing columns. Was this something that was previously working for you? If so can you please provide a screenshot of the area in which you want to address?
Let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.
Thanks for the responds.
We have different screen in our application with Grid and FieldChooser, where it is working fine. For one screen it is not working.
The button is working fine in Grid, but not working with fieldChooser. Please find the screen shot below and let me know if any further information is needed.
Thank you for following up. The field chooser does not derive from DataPresenterBase, as does the XamDataGrid, which would allow you to peform these commands like fixing fields and providing summaries. Have you rewrittten the style for FieldChooser? If so, the FieldChooser will not enforce these changes made nor behave identical to a field in the grid.
This is considered to be a new product idea. Note, if you have your complete style on hand please send it to us so I can log a development issue for our team to investigate this further.
You can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <http://ideas.infragistics.com>.
There are many benefits to submitting a product idea:
Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you. You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.
Steps to create your idea:
1. Log into the Infragistics Product Idea site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible.
- Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can't be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!
- Include a link to this thread in your idea so product management will be able to look back at this case.
The Product Idea site puts you in the driver's seat and allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.
Thank you Michael for detailed explanation of the process.
But, we have a scenario where the toggle(Fix to Far Edge/Fix to Near Edge/ Unfix) button in FieldChooser is working i.e., action is happening. we do not have any code behind added for these actions in our application. So, could you please provide the details of commands that are getting hit for 'Fix to Far Edge' , 'Fix to Near Edge' and 'Unfix' menu items, we would like to check that in working scenario.
Thanks & Regards