Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamTabControl - tabs in two locations
posted

Hi,

On the xamTabControl, is it possible to have the tab list show up on the left and the right hand side of the control?  We have wide screen monitors and the users are asking if it is possible to have the tabs on both sides of the window.  We are currently using the TabStripPlacement property but that only allows one location. Thank you!

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Alicia,

The XamTabControl currently only has the ability to place the tab-strip in the area that the TabStripPlacement property designates. If you wish to place them on both sides of the window, though, I would recommend inclusion of the default style of the XamTabControl, and essentially remove everything in the default control template for this control with the exception of the DockPanel named "PART_HeaderArea." Doing this will allow you to apply this Style to a separate XamTabControl, whose size will just be the size of the vertically-oriented DockPanel. You can then place this DockPanel on the other side of your page.

Note, the selection of this separate XamTabControl will not effect the "actual" display one, and so I would recommend that you handle the SelectionChanged event on both of your XamTabControls so that you can catch when a tab is selected in one and select its equivalent on the other XamTabControl.

I have attached a sample project to demonstrate the above. I hope this helps.

If you would like to see the ability to have multiple areas for the XamTabControl's tabs to show up, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for this feature at http://ideas.infragistics.com. This product ideas site will place you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize upcoming features and development based on community and user feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

XamTabControlMultiLocationCase.zip