Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid: get filtered items
posted

Hi guys,

In my work I need to handle only filtered rows in the XamGrid. However the view model keeps the whole items source and does not know about the filters selected on the UI. Could you please suggest a nice way to achieve it. Please take into account that virtualization might be turned on, so using the visible rows might not be working.

Thanks,

Offline posted

Hello Vasily,

In order to get the underlying data items to the rows that are filtered in, I would recommend using the XamGrid.Rows collection. This collection is populated only with the Row elements that are filtered in at any particular time. Each Row element in this collection has a Data property that returns the underlying data item to that particular row, and so you should be able to use that if you need the data items directly.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer