Thank you for contacting Infragistics.
Please provide a sample application demonstrating the issue and success when refreshing the module. I'd like to debug the logic you are using in your refresh button.
Note, the Gantt should order the tasks based on their designated start and end times, but configuring the sort order programmatically is not possible and can only be controlled by the end user at runtime.
A list of configurable commands can be found on this ==> online documentation.
You may submit a new product idea for sorting programmatically.
You can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <http://ideas.infragistics.com>.
There are many benefits to submitting a product idea:
Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you. You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.
Steps to create your idea:
1. Log into the Infragistics Product Idea site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / Xamarin.Forms, etc.)
3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible.
- Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can't be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!
- Include a link to this thread in your idea so product management will be able to look back at this case.
The Product Idea site puts you in the driver's seat and allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.
Thank you for following and providing a sample. Since the XamGantt does not have a way to programmatically sort, and only a way to clear the sorts set by the user you will need to manually sort a collection bound to the XamGantt.
Note, I don't see any implementation of ListBackedProject in your sample, only tasks added manually. This won't work since the tasks in your sample will be listed by the gantt in the order they were added to the project.
I strongly recommend implementing custom task collection, with an observablecollection and property mappings demonstrated in the following topic ==>
From there you can use Linq and query your tasks based on the start date.
eg. Collection = new ObservableCollection(Collection.OrderBy(x=>x.StartDate).ToList());
Let me know if you have any questions.