Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem "New Horizontal/Vertical Tab Group" option
posted

Hi,

I am facing a small problem with Regions when using Microsoft Prism in WPF. One of the read only views is opened by default but it allows to open new views in same region. As part of testing it was discovered that all new views always disappearing after using "New Horizontal/Vertical Tab Group" option for read-only view and then closing all other opened views next to read-only.

Please help me for correcting this behavior as I can't find samples how to use single region name after moving one of the views to other new Tab group command.

In the debugging mode I see that both views still registered with same region but opening a new view never works after closing all other views.

Possible option would be to disable this context menu options for read-only view only. But I was unable to find how to do this. All views having tabs in the header for manipulating order, hiding, undocking or closing view.

Thanks,

Tomas

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Tomas,

I have done an initial investigation with my colleagues regarding this forum thread, and I believe we may need a bit more information from you in order to really be able to continue with this issue.

I am not particularly familiar with this "New Horizontal/Vertical Tab Group" option that you are referring to in this case, but it sounds like you are likely using the TabGroupPaneRegionAdapter in Prism with the XamDockManager, as is described here: http://brianlagunas.com/xamdockmanageran-updated-prism-region-adapter/. If this is not the case, please let me know.

Outside of the above mentioned impression that I am under, I cannot really say exactly what might be hiding the panes in your XamDockManager, although I am personally not extremely familiar with Prism libraries. Would it be possible for you to please attach an isolated sample project that demonstrates this behavior that you are seeing so that I may be able to debug it and shed some light on what may be happening in this case?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children