Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid Drops the Last Letter in Some Fields at DPIs That Are not an Even Multiple of 100%
posted

We have a XamDataGrid in our application that displays first and last names. We have found that when we run at a DPI of 125% (or any DPI that is not an even multiple of 100%), the XamDataGrid does not display the last letter of certain names. However, if we reduce the width of the column to require wrapping, when the name wraps, the missing letters appear. But when the width is expanded again, the missing letters disappear. I have not yet been able to reproduce this problem in a sandbox project.

Have you seen this problem before? Do you know what settings might be causing this? And do you have any suggestions for how we might fix this? I have included a screen shot with names Bob Johnson and Ben Peterson. The XamDataGrid truncates these names to Bo Johnso and Be Peterson. The screen shot illustrates how this looks normally and when the columns have changed to force wrapping.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Vonda,

I have been investigating into this behavior that you are reporting, and before I go about creating a sample project to try to reproduce this on my end, would it be possible for you to please confirm the version of Infragistics for WPF controls that you are using in this case? The reason I ask is that there was an optimization to the XamDataGrid cells in version 2017.2 that modified the SimpleTextBlock used in the cell templates to use a GlyphRun instead of FormattedText. You can read about this optimization here.

I know that I have answered another forum thread that we have together that suggests that you are using version 16.2.20162.2045, in which case this optimization would not be present, but I would just like to verify this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children