Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataTree node indentation
posted

How can I control the node indentation behaviour for a XamDataTree. It looks like the indentation is increased based on the number of characters being displayed. 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Marcel,

I have been investigating this issue, and by chance, in your application targeting .NET 4.7? If so, this issue is likely related to a change in that framework version related to grid star-sizing logic in WPF.

If this is the case, it is worth noting that this was reporting before, and that it does not happen with earlier versions of the .NET Framework. You can work around this issue by using the following switch in the app.config of your application:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
        <startup> 
            <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7"/>
        </startup>
      <runtime>
        <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Windows.Controls.Grid.StarDefinitionsCanExceedAvailableSpace=true" />
      </runtime>
    </configuration>

If you are not using .NET 4.7 or higher, please let me know and I will continue to investigate this issue further.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.