Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid ignoring newlines
posted

We recently upgraded to 2017.1 from 2015.2, and now the XamDataGrid is ignoring newline characters in the text strings we're putting in the cells. 

If we have the following text string: "first line\r\n second line\r\n third line\r\n fourth line", when the text is displayed it looks like this:

"first line

second line third line fourth line"

Nothing in our code has changed. It's only after the upgrade to 2017.1 that we see this behavior.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Chris,

I have been investigating the issue that you are referring to in this case, and I have put together a sample XamDataGrid with a text field with the text of "first line\r\n second line\r\n third line\r\n fourth line." In doing so, I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior you are seeing, as the text appears to wrap normally on my end.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem. As you had mentioned you have upgraded to 17.1, I have tested against the latest version of 17.1 (17.1.20171.2200).

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

XDGNewLineIssueTest.zip

Reply Children