Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Xamdoughnut chart - performance issues with realtime data
posted

Hi,

I am using the xamDoughnut chart to generate doughnut chart's for real-time updating financial market data. However I notice that as the number of points increase/ number of updates increase on the Doughnut, the performance of the doughnut gets extremely sluggish. I profiled this and it seems that the PrepareSlices and PrepareLabels method gets called every time there is an update and with realtime market data - that is a lot of updates. Is there a way for the doughnut chart to handle this gracefully than without me having to limit the number of slices I can plot?

I am using infragistics 16.1

Offline posted

Hello Shatadru,

Thank you for posting to our forum.

I noticed that you are using version V16.1 , I would recommend you to test the performance against version 17.2 or with 18.1.

With the latest version, we have made lots of changes in the code to optimize the performance.

If you still having the issue, please share your sample I will discuss the matter with the development team.

Also please note that volume 16.1 has already had its last service release so if the resolution of this issue requires a change to the assemblies it will be necessary to upgrade to a more recent volume of Infragistics 18.1.

You can see our product lifecycle here: <http://www.infragistics.com/support/product-lifecycle>

Please let me know if you need further assistance.