Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
GroupByComparer and Tristate sort on label
posted

Hi,

When a user groups the data I have in a data grid, I'd like to be able to specify a custom IComparer sort of the number of items in a group (which I can do by using the GroupByComparer) as the default sort. However, I'd then like the label in the group by area to act as a TriState sort label (as I have it configured to do in the normal group headers), and when the sort arrow appears I'd like it to go back to the default sorting by value. Ascending/Descending and then back to default custom sort.

E.g. If I have a Country column in the grid and I drag it into the group by area, it should initially sort by the number of items in each group (descending), and then when the user clicks it again, it should sort alphabetically ascending, then descending, then back to items in each group (with no sort arrow).

I used the description in https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-wpf/89424/xamdatagrid-groupbyarea-sort-by-number-of-items-in-a-group-instead-of-the-records-in-the-field to get the custom sort by number of items working (although I had to invert the result because it sorts by ascending first), but I'm then stuck sorting by this method.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Richard

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics!

After investigating this and doing some research, tri-stating a group by sort has been determined to be a product idea. You can suggest new product ideas for future versions by submitting to our Product Ideas page.

Remember when submitting your idea to explain the context in which a feature would be used and why it is needed as well as anything that would prevent you from accomplishing this today. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case.  You can also link back to this thread for additional details.
    Thank you in advance to submitting your product idea.

Include a link to this thread in your idea so product management will be able to look back at this thread.

Children
No Data