Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamScatterSurface3D disable default behaviours
posted

Hi, I am currently working with XamScatterSurface3D.

I have inserted it in a Template that allows it to be draggable in a custom Canvas Control and be dragged by the user by just Left Click and Drag in the area of the chart by customizing the mouse events of the template.

However if the user is dragging the node, the default user interactions of the XamScatterSurface3D automatically work and rotate the chart while being dragged causing an unexpected bahaviour.

I would like to disable this default behaviours when the chart is dragged but it is not possible to configure them at the moment (I found this topic in the help  https://www.infragistics.com/help/wpf/surfacechart-interacting-with-mouse-keyboard  )

Do you know a possible workaround that allows me to resolve my problem?

Thanks

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Davide, 

I recommend  wrapping the XamScatterSurface3D into another container to intercept and perform drag operations on. There is no way to turn off the rotation to accommodate having the control be moved. Moving the XamScatterSurface3D and turning off rotation is considered to be a new product idea. 

You can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at our community page.
    Submitting your idea will allow you to communicate directly with our product management team, track the progress of your idea at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.
    Remember when submitting your idea to explain the context in which a feature would be used and why it is needed as well as anything that would prevent you from accomplishing this today. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. You can also link back to this thread for additional details.

Thanks and have a great day!

Reply Children
No Data