Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Application crashes when trying to filter data
posted

I have a sample application that illustrates the problem we have with our product. We load as much data as possible into XamDataGrid (we trap InsufficientMemoryException, then stop loading the data). If we try to filter data by any column, the grid displays busy indicator and eventually crashes. LargeDataSet.zip

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Michael,

I have been investigating the sample project that you have provided, but I don’t believe there is really anything we can really do on our end in this case.

In the sample project, you are essentially pushing the application to its memory limitations, and just before it runs out of memory, stopping and binding the data to the XamDataGrid. At this point, I would expect that just about any operation performed on the grid will push the application over the edge and cause an OutOfMemoryException, and this is shown when trying to sort, filter, group, or otherwise.

This is not specific to the XamDataGrid either. If you replace the XamDataGrid in the sample project with a built-in WPF DataGrid element and then try to sort one of the columns when the grid loads, this operation will cause an OutOfMemoryException as well.

I must ask, is there a particular reason that you are doing this in this case? It seems like a rather bad application design to load as much data to an application as the memory would allow, as this will cause many other operations to fail.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children
No Data