Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
CellControlAttached not firing from "xamgrid"
posted

In some very obscure cases I'm seeing that CellControlAttached is not fired correctly from "xamgrid" after data-binding (for bound columns).

The problem only seems to happen the SECOND time that the underlying item data is re-populated from a data source.  On the FIRST time and all other times after the SECOND time, the event is fired.  Also the problem doesn't happen on my developer workstation, but it happens consistently in our Citrix deployment environments.

This issue has come up at other times in these forums, and it seems like an ongoing problem that infragistics hasn't totally pinned down.  Is there a consistent workaround?   I found a workaround that is really, really ugly which is to call XamGrid.InvalidateData twice, (and the second one happening via the Dispatcher).  Any other ideas would be welcome, especially ideas that are less ugly than mine.

I realize that the XamGrid is on its way to deprecation but I'd like to get a bit more life out of our existing code.  Some of it was written fairly recently (before we were told about the IG roadmap for xamgrid).

We are currently running 17.2.  If there is another volume that is more stable for this control, I'm eager to try another.