Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgrade InfragisticsWPF Version from 16.1 to 18.2 - Default Style Change
posted

We have been looking to upgrade the version of infragistics that we use in our WPF project, but I am unsure of the best way to go about retaining the same style's that we had before the upgrade.

In our build we use BasedOn to create our own business specific controls. For example:

xmlns:igDP="">infragistics.com/DataPresenter" 
<Style TargetType="{x:Type ems:EmsDataGrid}" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Type igDP:XamDataGrid}}">
      <Setter Property="Background" Value="#74FFFFFF" />
      <Setter Property="GroupByAreaLocation"  Value="None" />
      <Setter Property="IsUndoEnabled"  Value="True" />
</Style>
Since we base our (ems) controls off of the default infragistics controls, when the default styling switched between the two versions all of our controls changed pretty drastically.
I see the IGTheme in version 18.2 is pretty similar to what the default style in 16.1 was,
but I am unsure of a good way to implement the theme because if I apply the theme before the control's definition it will just get overwritten by the default,
but if I apply the theme after it will overwrite the default AND the custom additions that we have added.

Only similar question that I found that didn't have an answer:
Link to Question