Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid Filter menu custom search pattern
posted

Hello

I have to implement searching using the regex function in XamGrid FilterMenu search box.
For example:
asd&asd, *asd ant etc.
Does it possible?

Offline posted

Hello Nika,

Thank you for your post.

At the moment, it does not appear that the XamGrid FilterMenu search box supports Regex expressions. The best thing that I could recommend to implement this would be to re-template the FilterSelectorControl element that makes up the visual tree of the grid’s FilterMenu to add a custom search box that allows for Regex pattern evaluation. This implementation would be completely custom, though, and is out of the scope of what Infragistics support would be able to provide.

If you would like to see Regex support potentially implemented in the XamGrid FilterMenu, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for this at our WPF Ideas Site. It is worth noting, though, that going forward, we recommend that you use the XamDataGrid control instead of the XamGrid control. The XamGrid is being planned for retirement and is unlikely to receive any new features. We will continue to provide support and critical bug fixes for the XamGrid during this time. This is mentioned at the top of each and every documentation article for the XamGrid, seen here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.