Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamCarouselPanel with a touch screen
posted

Hello,

Is XamCarouselPanel (or any Carousel) supposed to work with a touch screen, like XamDataGrid does already ? If no, are there any guide on how to implement it ? (pan left / right to navigate, and a simple click)

By the way, how do you programmatically go to the next  / previous item ? There are properties like "CanNavigateToNextItem", but couldn't find how to actually navigate.

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

From my understanding our wpf controls inherently have some touch support while some controls have touch in mind, such as our XamDataGrid. There are actually quite a few carousel controls/views at your disposal. Unfortunately I would need to test them on Monday to provide accurate results. Most of these controls have a IsTouchSupportEnabled property that you can set to true.

* XamDataGrid's Carousel View <== I would try this first. See below
    * XamDataCarousel <== Similar API to XamDataGrid
    * XamCarouselListBox
    * XamCarouselPanel

eg.

<igDP:XamDataPresenter x:Name="XamDataPresenter1" IsTouchSupportEnabled="true">
    <igDP:XamDataPresenter.View>
    <igDP:CarouselView />
    </igDP:XamDataPresenter.View>
    </igDP:XamDataPresenter>

As an alternative you can use our Windows Forms UltraCarousel that supports touch as well.

Children