Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
RibbonGroup: Restoring from collapsed state to expanded state inconsistent
posted

Hi Infragistics,

When using Collapsed-Variant in a RibbonGroup and the RibbonGroup gets larger, the Ribbgroup will be collapsed (if there is not enough space to show the RibbonGroup content). If the RibbonGroup is collapsed you can view the RibbonGroup content by clicking the DropDownButton. A Popup will apear, where you can see the original RibbonGroup content. If you then make the RibbonGroup content smaller I would expect, that the RibbonGroup would restore the original expanded state (without DropDown), but this is not the case. Only if you enlarge the window width the RibbonGroup will restore to its original visual state. Will this be fixed or is there a work around?

I added an example where you can play around with. Just resize the TextBoxes by entering or removing some letters.

<Window x:Class="RibbonTabItemTest.MainWindow"
xmlns="">schemas.microsoft.com/.../presentation"
xmlns:x="">schemas.microsoft.com/.../xaml"
xmlns:d="">schemas.microsoft.com/.../2008"
xmlns:mc="">schemas.openxmlformats.org/.../2006"
xmlns:ribbon="">infragistics.com/Ribbon"
mc:Ignorable="d"
Title="MainWindow" Height="350" Width="525">
<ribbon:XamRibbon>
<ribbon:XamRibbon.Tabs>
<ribbon:RibbonTabItem Header="Format" KeyTip="FRM">
<ribbon:RibbonGroup Id="Group1" Caption="Group1">
<TextBox MinWidth="100"/>
</ribbon:RibbonGroup>
<ribbon:RibbonGroup Id="Group2" Caption="Group2">
<TextBox MinWidth="100" Text="aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"/>
</ribbon:RibbonGroup>
</ribbon:RibbonTabItem>
</ribbon:XamRibbon.Tabs>
</ribbon:XamRibbon>
</Window>
    Offline posted
    Hello Jorg,
    Thank you for contacting Infragistics!
    This has been logged for further investigation with the ID 262059. I will provide you with more information through the private case I have created for you.