Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to configure XamTileManager with minimal styling and click-anywhere dragging?
posted

I have an application with requirements that I think are satisfied by XamTileManager, but its defaults are more complex than we need and I need some help changing them to what we'd like to see.

In a nutshell, the main requirements are:

• The tiles can be moved to different locations within the control by drag/drop
  • The styling of a tile should not include a header or border
  • The drag operation can be started by clicking anywhere on the tile, not just the header

The first requirement is easy enough. I'm using AllowTileDragging="Swap" in XamTileManager.NormalModeSettings and it's working fine.

I understand the second requirement can be done using a custom ControlTemplate for XamTile. My attempt is mostly working and I think I can get it to the point I need, but if there's a simple example showing the "right way", I'd love to see it.

The third requirement is where I'm having trouble. I've found a couple of examples that are close to what I want, but they haven't worked for me. How can I configure XamTileManager/XamTile to allow moving tiles by clicking anywhere on the tile?

Thanks,

NormO.

Parents Reply Children