Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Any faster approach to display scatter series with few thousand points?
posted

Hi, 

I want to display a scatter series with a few thousand points (3-5 k).

I manipulated the maximumarkers property, and it' works. But it is too slow and I do not want to use hightdensity scatter series.

Is there a way / faster series with same properties to increase the maximum marker number without sacrificing too much from the performance ?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello GG,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and there are a couple of things that you might be able to do to improve performance of the scatter series when using many points.

First, you could potentially modify the Resolution property of the ScatterSeries. The higher the setting for Resolution, the less enhanced the points will be rendered, and as such, you may see better performance using this property.

Another option may be to provide your own ScatterSeries.MarkerTemplate to be something more simple. The default markers use Path, PathGeometry, and Polygon elements to render, and you can see the default marker templates in the generic.shared.xaml. This file is commonly found at the following directory with Infragistics controls installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\<version>\WPF\DefaultStyles\XamDataChart\generic.shared.xaml

Outside of those two recommendations, the only other recommendation I have would be to use a HighDensityScatterSeries, which you have already said you do not wish to do. Is there a particular reason you do not wish to use this series type? I ask, as this sounds exactly like the scenario that the HighDensityScatterSeries was designed for.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data