Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid convert to XamDataGrid
posted
Hello,
We are changing a XamGrid to XamDataGrid. Both of these grids use settings for field size, visibility and position.
We took a look into the xml both generate, the XamDataGrid has an easy to understand settings string, however the XamGrid does not.

The question is, how can we transfer/convert the XamGrid's setting so that the XamDataGrid can use them?
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Michael,

I have been looking into your question. XamGrid and XamDataGrid have some different features and because of that, there is no one to one mapping between their properties and events. There is no automatic converter and my suggestion is to do that manually. Please be careful with reusing code since in some situations it's possible to add more complexity than needed. Useful help topics I could recommend you:

1. XamDataGrid Migration Guide
    2. Differences Between xamGrid and xamDataGrid

Please take a look into them and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Associate Software Developer

Reply Children