Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
scrolling performance
posted

We are attempting to convert a portion of our existing code that utilizes a xamDataGrid to a xamSpreadsheet so that we can offer the users simple excel capabilities with the datasets that we import into the control.  These datasets range from 4,000 to 40,000 rows with around 12-24 columns of numeric values. 

It seems that scrolling by dragging the scroll bar causes the entire application to lag while the control attempts to display each row that hasn't been displayed yet.  I'm working with locking columns and other things to decrease the impact but I was hoping to use the same feature xamDataGrid has where it only displays a textbox with the row that it will jump to and then when the mouse is released the control jumps straight to that row.  I have verified that jumping straight to a row in xamSpreadsheet is quick and doesn't require the generation of every row between.

I have not found any documentation showing how to enable this feature in xamSpreadsheet, which makes me wonder if it is feasible to disable the scrollbars and implement it programatically on my end, or is the feature there?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Dustin,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and after creating a Workbook with a spreadsheet that has 40,000 rows and 24 columns, I am able to see the performance issue you are seeing. I will be asking our engineering and development teams to investigate this behavior further in an attempt to improve the scrolling performance of the control.

Regarding the ability to turn on deferred scrolling, this is not built-in to the XamSpreadsheet control. If you would like to see this feature implemented, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea on our WPF Ideas Site, here. This will place you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize upcoming features and development based on community and user feedback.

I have also created a private support case for you on this matter that I will be linking the above-mentioned issue for our engineering teams to examine. This support case has an ID of CAS-206918-G1Z0K8 and you can access it here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data