Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamTabControl: Extended Theme Background Changing
posted

Hello,

I am having an issue while trying to extend the Metro and MetroDark themes for the XamTabControl. Specifically, I have an image brush as the background of the control when Items.Count is 0 and it works as intended before any tabs are added to the control. If I add a tab/view to the control and close the tab the image brush is not reapplied and instead a blue background is applied to the PART_HeaderArea dockpanal as well as a Theme specific color applied to the rest of the control.

Is there a way of prevent these colors from being applied and to reapply the image brush once all tabs have been closed? 

Please let me know if there is any more details I can provide and thank you for your time!

Offline posted

Hello Zachary ,

Thank you for your post.I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing.
    I set up a sample of XamTabControl and set the background, I applied a Matro theme . On button click I am adding a tab and when I close the tab background brush still exists.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this. If this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Divya Jain

0020.Sample.zip