Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid to XamDataGrid
posted

Hello,

recently I am trying to replace some simple XamGrid tables to to XamDataGrid and this seem to get complicated very easily.

for example:

with XamGrid I have 2 TemplateColumns bound to different properties of my viewmodel (It is working properly). What I like about it is that I can define the HeaderText. This seems not to be possible with XamDataGrid:

<igDP:XamDataGrid x:Name="xamDataGrid" DataSource="{Binding MyProperty}"  GroupByAreaLocation="None">
                                    <igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayoutSettings>
                                        <igDP:FieldLayoutSettings AutoGenerateFields="False"/>
                                    </igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayoutSettings>
                                    <igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayouts>
                                        <igDP:FieldLayout>
                                            <igDP:FieldLayout.Fields>
                                                <igDP:Field Name="MyProperty" Label="Header Text" />
                                            </igDP:FieldLayout.Fields>
                                        </igDP:FieldLayout>
                                    </igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayouts>
                                </igDP:XamDataGrid>

This is not working at all. I'm not even able to type anything.

However, if I set AutoGenerateFields="True", I am able to see the header "Value" (and I desperately want to chande the header). Most importantly, I am not able to type anything IF MyProperty is "empty", i.e. it has a default value of 0. I can only type something in when it is not empty. So for example if MyProperty was set to be 5, I can see the number and can change it. It also binds properly whenever I type in a different number. Why is that ?Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julian

Parents Reply Children
No Data