Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding XamPivotGrid to Analisis analysis services using User ID without IIS
posted

We are using Infragistics_WPF_20182
a XamPivotGrid.and an AdomdConnectionSettings

"XamPivotGrid.DataSource.ConnectionSettings = AdomdConnectionSettings.ConnectionString"

my question is about: when conect to a analysis services using AdomdConnectionSettings.ConnectionString
and the DataSource is not a http:// but a server in this case the "User ID" parameter is ignored and it returns the error:
"The user <My local user> has not access to the database"

If we connect to the server using: "Data Source=">server04:8090/.../msmdpump.dll"  we have not problem.

This is the ConnectionString:

"Provider=MSOLAP.8;Password=XXX;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=XXXX;Initial Catalog=DATABASE;Data Source=server04;MDX Compatibility=1;Safety Options=2;MDX Missing Member Mode=Error;Update Isolation Level=2"

Offline posted

Hello Cristina,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and it seems that this likely is not an Infragistics-specific issue, as our AdomdDataSource and AdomdConnectionSettings work directly with the Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection object, in that we give the connection string that you pass to the AdomdDataSource and AdomdConnectionSettings to this object in order to actually make the connection to the database.

As such, if this is failing, I would have to believe that your connection string here is at fault. You could verify this by passing your connection string to a Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection object and try to connect to your database that way, as I believe that this should result in the same error you are seeing. For more information on this, I would recommend taking a look at this article.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.